Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

AlyssaSays.com now donating to Camp Kesem!

Join me in my efforts to raise money for Camp Kesem in Memory of Benjamin Maldonado Benjamin Maldonado was the proud daddy of his little girl, Alyssa. He passed away at the young age of 34 when Alyssa was only 8 years old. He was the best daddy around. He lost his life very suddenly from a brain growth. Alyssa, and her mom Larissa, are collecting donations to help kids like Alyssa attend Camp Kesem! We also have a business called AlyssaSays.com in which we are donating a portion of proceeds to this amazing cause. We Love You Benji! May you rest in peace and may all children affected by a parent's death HAVE FUN at Camp Kesem! We have started a new website called www.lossofparent.com to help raise money for this great organization - Camp Kesem, with camps around the country! Feel free to donate directly to Camp Kesem at www.lossofparent.com or purchase merchandise from www.alyssasays.com to fund further charitable contributions to www.lossofparent.com. Today was just our first day of fundraising and we have already raised $300!!! What a huge accomplishment! The magic of Camp Kesem profoundly impacts everyone involved. Read more to see what campers, parents, and counselors think about their experiences with Camp Kesem. “This is the best week I have ever had!” ~Camper, age 9 “[Camp Kesem] is by far the best camp I have ever been to. Everyone there had about the same reason for being there and it was nice to know others had the same experiences.” ~ Camper, age 12 “Camp Kesem has easily been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life… The smiles on the children’s faces, the laughter and the happiness I was lucky enough to be a part of, and the looks of triumph on the faces of the older kids after they conquered the ropes course will always stay with me.” ~Counselor “[At Camp Kesem] everyone understands you and knows how you feel.” ~Camper, age 13 “Camp Kesem instilled in me the belief that I can succeed. It opened my eyes to see that I can truly make a positive difference in someone else’s life.” ~Counselor “Only my sincere thanks to everyone, you truly make a meaningful difference in the lives of these kids.” ~Parent of camper "I consider CK to be, hands-down, the most important thing I’ve done in my life both in the effect I’ve had and the effect it’s had on me. Camp Kesem is one of the most life-changing organizations I have been a part of.” ~Counselor “The camp helped normalize the situation and, most importantly I think, showed her it’s okay for kids in this situation to laugh, have fun, be silly and act like kids.” ~Parent of camper "Because of CK, I found what I really wanted to do with my life." ~Counselor “Camp counselors and staff are of the highest quality! Everyone is so energetic and kind. I trust the staff 100% to care for my children at camp! Thank you for all that you guys do!” ~Parent of camper “Camp Kesem was definitely the best week of my life.” ~Counselor SquishiesRule.com AlyssaSays.com Alyssa Says Squishies Rule!